Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, social security number. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
We use the following types of cookie
(1) Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and build up a profile of how our readers use the website. We might use that information to target advertisements to you on our and other websites.
(2) Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details; remember your settings preferences; and meter the number of pages you view for the purpose of administering subscriptions to tattletimes.com.
(3) Third party advertising and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on our site. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on our site. They are anonymous – they cannot identify individuals. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once. They might also allow the advertiser to tailor advertising to you when you visit other websites.
6.3 We have no access to third party cookies and third party organizations have no access to ours. The third party organizations that place cookies have their own strict privacy policies.
Collection of personal information
When visiting our website, the IP address used to access our website may be logged along with the dates and times of access. This information is purely used to analyze trends, administer our website, track users movement, and gather broad demographic information for internal use such as statistical assessments and website improvement. Most importantly, any recorded IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Other information may be collected as well by tattletimes.com, which is rather typical of most websites. For instance, the source that referred you to our website is generally known. Likewise, your duration on our website, and your destination when you leave our website can also be tracked. Other common data collected includes the type of operating system the computer you are using to access our website has. Similarly, the type of web browser is often noted. Again, this is common data collection, and helps ultimately produce a better end-user experience. Cookies are another common internet practice.
At times, you will be fully aware of information received, as you are the direct source providing it. For instance, you may comment on a blog post, reply to an email (whether broadcast message or autoresponder), provide an email address, complete a survey, requests SMS, or otherwise. Likewise, purchases necessarily involve collecting certain information, such as credit card information, Paypal addresses, your physical address for billing and/or shipping, phone number, and so on. Refusing to provide some of this information may lead to us being unable to provide you with the products or services you’ve requested.
A prime example of limited access to our website is where some tattletimes.com content may be protected by a username and password. Whether a username and password is generated by our website, or created by you, these will almost always be connected with some other information related to or connected with you. This is true since much content that is protected on the internet is subscription based, often paid for. Thus, the username and password must necessarily be tied to your other account data. Usernames and passwords, by their very nature, should be kept private.
Disclosure of information to third parties
tattletimes.com may share Non-PII and PII with entities controlling, controlled by, or under common control with tattletimes.com. tattletimes.com may transfer information to a successor entity in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets, bankruptcy, or other corporate change.
tattletimes.com does not control third parties collection or use of your information to serve interest based advertising. However, you can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) by accessing the link http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
How we use collected information
tattletimes.com may collect and use users personal information for the following purposes:
- – To improve customer service information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- – To personalize user experience we may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our site.
- – To improve our site we may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- – To process payments we may use the information users provide about them when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- – To run a promotion, contest, survey or other site feature to send users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- – To send periodic emails we may use the email address to send user information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If user decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. if at any time the user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, they may do so by contacting us via our site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.